Safe Property Agent Valuation Visits
For Property Occupants and Owners
You will know that visiting properties is an inherent part of our service. For the majority of our contact with customers and clients we will make sure that as much as possible is conducted using digital tools and virtual meetings and viewings in the first instance but it is unlikely that a let will be agreed without at least one visit to the property in question. Therefore we will arrange property visits when there is a strong interest in proceeding.
Whilst we want to continue to provide our usual high levels of personal service in the future, this cannot be delivered in a post-COVID-19 environment without some key changes to the way that we operate. The main outcome is to ensure that we protect our colleagues and customers in equal measure.
Preventing Transmission Summary
We have reviewed our processes and made a number of changes to that way that we operate to ensure we keep colleagues and customers safe. If you feel that you are not able to meet any of these key points please let our team know as soon as possible.
THIS GUIDANCE IS FOR OWNERS AND OCCUPIERS WHO WILL BE MEETING OUR AGENTS AT A PROPERTY
THERE MAY BE SOME FURTHER GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS THAT WILL NEED TO BE OBSERVED IN ADDITION TO THESE GUIDELINES
- Prior to the appointment we will contact you to ensure that there have been no changes to anyone’s health status that would mean that we cannot proceed with the appointment
- Only members of the same household can attend the appointment with our agent so if necessary any other people will be required to leave the property during the visit. The number of people in the property must not exceed applicable Government guidelines except under exceptional circumstances
- Social distancing rules MUST be observed at all times. Please consider whether younger children and pets should leave the property during the appointment
- Please do not be offended if our agents refuse to shake hands or does not accept any refreshments
- If social distancing is difficult then the agent should be left alone in the property or face coverings worn (unless you are medically exempt)
- If they have not already chosen to please tell the agent if you would prefer a face covering to be worn during the meeting
- All lights should be switched on and doors opened and commonly touched surfaces must be cleaned in advance and after the appointment using domestic cleaning agents
- Suitable handwashing facilities should be available on arrival and departure (all agents will carry anti-bacterial gel if needed) with disposable towels to be provided
- Any discussions should be held outside ideally or in a well ventilated space but we will expect to hold detailed discussions on the phone or by video call
- All brochures and paperwork will be provided electronically and on paper if you prefer
- Please advise us if there are any personal restrictions that will make adherence to the Government Covid-19 guidelines challenging
- If you require a copy of the Covid Secure risk assessment we have completed for property visits please contact us