Safe Property Visits Guidance for Tenants
You will know that visiting properties is an inherent part of our service. For the time being the majority of our contact with tenants and landlords will be conducted using digital tools and virtual meetings but there are occasions where a physical visit is required/appropriate.
Whilst we want to continue to provide our usual high levels of personal service in the future, this cannot be delivered in a post-COVID-19 environment without some key changes to the way that we operate. The main outcome is to ensure that we protect our colleagues and customers in equal measure.
Preventing Transmission Summary
We have reviewed our processes and made a number of changes to that way that we operate to ensure we keep colleagues and customers safe. If you feel that you are not able to meet any of these key points please let our team know as soon as possible.
THIS GUIDANCE IS FOR OCCUPANTS WHO WILL BE MEETING ONE OF OUR TEAM OR AN AGENT ACTING FOR US
THERE MAY BE SOME FURTHER GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS THAT WILL NEED TO BE OBSERVED IN ADDITION TO THESE GUIDELINES
- Prior to the appointment we will contact you to ensure that there have been no changes to anyone’s health status that would mean that we cannot proceed with the appointment
- Only members of the same household can attend the appointment with our agent so if necessary any other people will be required to remain outside the property during the visit. The number of people in the property must not exceed applicable Government guidelines except under exceptional circumstances
- Social distancing rules MUST be observed at all times. Please consider whether younger children and pets should remain outside the property during the appointment
- If social distancing is not possible then the property should be accessed by the agent on their own
- Estate & letting agents and occupiers should wear a suitable face covering as described in government guidance unless they are exempt from this requirement
- All lights should be switched on and doors opened and commonly touched surfaces must be cleaned in advance and after the appointment using domestic cleaning agents
- Suitable handwashing facilities should be available on arrival and departure (all agents will carry anti-bacterial gel if needed) with disposable towels to be provided
- Please wash/sanitise your hands before and after the appointment
- Any discussions should be held outside ideally or in a well ventilated space
- Please do not be offended if our agents refuse to shake hands or does not accept any refreshments
- If the agent suffers any injury or illness you must contact the relevant branch office and seek further guidance. If the incident is an emergency please call 999
- Please advise us if there are any personal restrictions that will make adherence to the Government Covid 19 guidelines challenging