Safe Property Agent Accompanied Viewings
For Property Owners/Occupiers and Viewers
You will know that visiting properties is an inherent part of our service. For the majority of our contact with customers and clients we will make sure that as much as possible is conducted using digital tools and virtual meetings but it is unlikely that a sale or let will be agreed without at least one visit to the property in question. Therefore we will only arrange property visits when there is a strong interest in proceeding.
Whilst we want to continue to provide our usual high levels of personal service in the future, this cannot be delivered in a post-COVID-19 environment without some key changes to the way that we operate. The main outcome is to ensure that we protect our colleagues and customers in equal measure.
Preventing Transmission Summary
We have reviewed our processes and made a number of changes to that way that we operate to ensure we keep colleagues and customers safe. If you feel that you are not able to meet any of these key points please let our team know as soon as possible.
THIS GUIDANCE IS FOR OWNERS AND OCCUPANTS WHO WILL BE MEETING CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE ARRANGED TO VIEW A PROPERTY ACCOMPANIED BY A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM
THERE MAY BE SOME FURTHER GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS THAT WILL NEED TO BE OBSERVED IN ADDITION TO THESE GUIDELINES
- Prior to the appointment we will contact you to ensure that there have been no changes to anyone’s health status that would mean that we cannot proceed with the appointment
- Only members of the same household can attend the appointment with our agent so if necessary any other people will be required to remain outside the property during the visit. The number of people in the property must not exceed applicable Government guidelines except under exceptional circumstances
- Social distancing rules MUST be observed at all times. Please consider whether younger children and pets should remain outside the property during the appointment
- If social distancing is not possible then the property should be accessed by the viewers and agent on their own
- Members of the public, estate & letting agents and occupiers should wear a suitable face covering as described in government guidance unless they are exempt from this requirement
- All lights should be switched on and doors opened and commonly touched surfaces must be cleaned in advance and after the appointment using domestic cleaning agents
- Suitable handwashing facilities should be available on arrival and departure (all agents will carry anti-bacterial gel if needed) with disposable towels to be provided. Please wash/sanitise your hands before and after the appointment
- Any discussions should be held outside ideally or in a well ventilated space but we will expect to hold detailed discussions on the phone of by video call
- All brochures and paperwork will be provided electronically unless you are happy to receive the information on paper
- Please do not be offended if our agents refuse to shake hands or does not accept any refreshments
- Please advise us if there are any personal restrictions that will make adherence to the Government Covid 19 guidelines challenging and if you require a copy of the Covid Secure risk assessment we have completed for property visits